Friday, 23 April 2010
Let me tell you a wee story of a once loyal Tesco customer of more years than i care to think of that is no more .
On a wonderful sunny highland spring day myself and my wife went shopping and as always we made a bee line for our local Tesco store a place i know only too well as my wife has shopped at your stores all over this country
I dread to think of the thousands that has been spent at your many stores over the years ..
Well all that has changed
(and as if one of the many storms i have watched rush into our wee mountain home from a furious Atlantic ,that brings with it darkness and cold )
As i said on a wonderful sunny highland spring day with the eagles dancing in the sky ,flowers of all colours jumping for joy at the coming season and with a feeling of happiness ,i followed my wife into the store, a rare event indeed as i am usually consigned to a long wait in the car park … ( which must always be followed by a cheery “did you get everything dear “ or else..)
And as long as i live i will rue the day i stepped into your store to purchase a much needed hard drive for my laptop
Once i had chosen the said item i headed to the checkout while my wife disappeared further into your well lit store clutching the remainder of the money ( never to be seen again,no matter if it is £10 or £300)
At the checkout i paid for my two items and with a smile and receipt firmly grasped in my hand headed to the door and the usual 1 to 2 hour wait for my beautiful wife…
when my life changed ……….
As i headed out the door a loud
BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP
filled the store and off into the car park
I froze unsure what to do and looked outside as people all going about their business stopped and stared ,at this person who was frozen to the spot
A quick glance was exchanged by myself and the other 3 people trapped by the alarm ,but as they realised it wasn’t them they headed off leaving me to face the music alone..
instantly a wave of judgemental thoughts scurried and rushed at me from all corners of the car park ..
The realisation that the alarm was targeted at me ,the feeling of wanting to run and hide overwhelmed me but my legs refused to obey.
Panic ensued my every thought
what if ,had i ,etc etc
A sweat of panic bathed my body soaking my whiter than white clothing ( if only i had that underarm stuff Mel buys 2 for 1 )
THIEF THIEF THIEF
was all i could think …..
Unsure what i was to do i turned as a security guy headed over and led me to his desk and in full view of all the customers in the store started to check my bag and goods…
From up the aisle by the veg a woman stood
and holding a cucumber in her hand shot me a look of complete disgust the likes i have never felt no matter where i looked i was greeted by similar looks
until i felt like some piece of scum and thief to boot ( even though i knew i had paid)
To me as a loyal and honest customer i can’t understand how you can do that to people
I realise you have to try and stop the theft from your stores ,but if you happen to catch an honest customer in that net the very least you could do
is take them somewhere private and if you find out you are wrong then i think a wee token from you would go a long way .. to heal the shame and disgrace
Since this event i have dipped into a deep depression and find that my creative side has gone
no longer am i able to admire the sheer beauty that surrounds me in my home in the mountains
i just pray that the day comes soon when i am happy and free again..
As until that visit to your store i had been an up and coming an filmmaker and story teller
I find now that i am unable to sleep the constant dark cloud of shame follows me everywhere even to my once warm and cosy bed ….
My dreams now are no longer filled with the wonder of life ,thoughts of my next film or poem,story or whatever
but instead are filled with an enveloping darkness and a bright neon banner that every night seems to get brighter
that streams across my closed eyes
TESCOS TESCOS TESCOS TESCOS
and always the sound
BEEP BEEP BEEP
so now i find at the age off 49 i am considering a rare visit to the doctors for help…
a once loyal customer
Wednesday, 21 April 2010
Just been told about this from a friend on Facebook :
MY SON NATHAN HAS BEEN MISSING FOR A WEEK TODAY WE ARE NOT SURE ANT MORE IF HE IS WITH HIS FATHER NATHAN SENIOR ANYMORE OR NOT. IT IS SERIOUS AND POLICE ARE INVOLVED PLEASE PLEASE IF ANYONE SEES HIM OR HIS FATHER SENIOR PLEASE CONTACT ME OR LUTON POLICE. KNOW ONE HAS SEEN A GLIMPSE OF HIM FOR WEEK ! POLICE ARE VERY CONCERNED
Click here to visit facebook page if you can help
Sunday, 18 April 2010
Many people use these words after a journey to visit us .
While looking out and gazing at the mountains ,sky and beyond..
I understand these thoughts
On a night with the skies bursting to overflow with stars
and as the engine revs up i steady myself for the up and coming journey to the wastelands wilderness and isolation that i know lays ahead.
With a firm grip on the steering wheel i engage first gear and set of steadily at first reluctant to leave the wonder that is the hermit tin can ..
An owl swoops from the left side trees and follows us down the road his face beaming with the joy of life as we approach silver bridge he banks to the left and is gone twisting and dodging his way through the silver birch woods ..
With a smile i face front and push on as the mountains slowly disappear into the distant their snow caps just visible .
from now on the wilderness and wastelands begin
Slowly the stars disappear under an orange glow from the mirriad of street lights
Where trees ,mountains streams ,deer,eagles,swans,weather were wrapped around me now concrete noise sirens traffic alarms and endless buildings
Aye, i know your journey to us and the wilderness the complete isolation of the mountains the emptiness of all you see infront of you …
Two more films accepted at the loch ness film festival,Mel to have a wee poem published ,but apart from that not a lot going on
Medicine by Sally click here to visit her site
Well finally managed to drag myself from the mountains and get my bum on the net ..
What has been happening in the wee world of the fat bald git’s wee tin can in the mountains..
apart from sitting on my ever growing behind we have had a wonderful trip doon the mountains to get supplies etc whole other story…
Just got news that two more films are to shown in Sep at the Loch Ness Film festival
the two films are
On The Ground :
and also :
Brian’s story :
I am busy trying to get the last film up and ready but i don’t think i will have time so i will probably send the new film Lazy through.
Thought i would share some thoughts from people on my stuff from the tin can
This is wonderful Andy and Mel. thank you! Emmie
What a beautiful surroundings hey !
And you're an amazing editor too !
The song fits the video perfectly !
So awesome Andy This is wonderful and I like the music.
habbie101 A bad case of split sides here
skye2504 lol. and now i can't get this song out of my head :-))
cogermax91 very fun !bravo !*****
I want a Viking hat too!
Great vid - wish I had your patience.
Travis: no' heard them in a Coo's age - great choon... ;)
Stuart the Stag says 'hi' 2 weeks ago
that was great Andy ! very creative and fun!
love to you and mel
the welshies ! xxx
Very clever andy, mind you there have been mornings when I have felt a little rough but I've never had the shakes that bad.
You can change hats, glasses an clothes quickly ! I'm not that quick when I wake up ! LOL
Great video buddy !
Hi andy, love the video and the music, love to you and mel, xx jenny
Andy it is fabulous! I love it....by the way, I am chasing my dream....loving my life, my husband, my children and my wee precious grandbabies....life is grand isn't it? Keep on keepin on friend:) Gina
Marked as spam
Wow, I need to go to Scotland! Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for making these videos.
CatherineShanahan Marked as spam
Hi Andy, I found you on Viral Networkers, great channel you've got and I love the fact you travel around, that is fantastic, look forward to your updates and would appreciate a subscribe back, my best wishes, Catherine :-)
dana8567 (1 month ago)
Marked as spam
Glad to have you as a friend as well. I had the privilege of seeing your country in 2004, it is the most beautiful place I've ever seen. I stayed on the Isle of Skye with a friend. I hope to come back soon for another visit, would love to meet you if possible. :)
- "Simply "SKY (1)
- 2050 (1)
- 2050 sea level (1)
- 360 "DVD"A tour of the highlands and beyond: Water run in the highlands with the faeries (1)
- 360 DVD (1)
- A new crochet blanket is born in the highlands (1)
- A Warm Welcome In The Highlands (1)
- A wee email from our friend Jenny (1)
- a wee film and some waffle (1)
- Alive In The Mountains (Life as a nomadic Hermit) (1)
- and the piper of Glascarnoch loch (1)
- Any Port In A Storm (1)
- Arthritis (1)
- bees (1)
- Birth and Re-Birth (1)
- Broadband Satellite System Beyondsl (1)
- bureaucrats (1)
- but apart from that not a lot going on (1)
- Buy A Pylon save the highlands (1)
- Celebration a wee film to celelbrate 12 years of marriage to Mel (1)
- Close Seaworld’s on you tube and meet some of the many people that are active in the cause (1)
- Closing Blog (1)
- Cry From The Deep (1)
- Dafthermit with our friend Sally (1)
- Deadly Invader (1)
- Earning a living on line (1)
- Email to Tescos Superstore (1)
- EXPLOSION‘S in the bus (1)
- filmmaker and willow trees (1)
- Flickr Pictures and comments (1)
- Fragilitly of Beauty (1)
- frogs (1)
- Golden Eagle ( my tribute to the GOLDEN EAGLE ) yet again the sods have killed more eagles and birds of prey (1)
- Golden Eagle ( my tribute to the GOLEN EAGLE ) (1)
- Good to be alive ...... (FREEDOM) (1)
- Hares (1)
- HEAVEN ON EARTH a wee film from the tin can in the Scottish Highlands (1)
- Hi Fellow Hermits (1)
- I love to Boogie a wee film by the dafthermit (1)
- Inspiration (1)
- Internet In The Mountains (1)
- isolation and wilderness (1)
- it is time to show them the respect they deserve (1)
- jealousy and where do you go to the toilet ? (1)
- KEEPING THE HIGHLANDS TIDY doing our wee bit to keep Scotland BEAUTIFUL (1)
- Life as a Hermit never busier and some thoughts on Haiti (1)
- Lifting the Skirt of civilization a Time to retreat (aye that’s a wee bit of dirt between my toes) (1)
- Living a simple free life (1)
- Living the simple life (1)
- Magical Musical Journey (1)
- Mel is so talented with a set of needles or crochet needle i love to watch her create a new thing be it a scarf blanket or hat (1)
- Mel to have a wee poem published (1)
- mice and MOT’S (1)
- Missing ice is killing seal pups -- Cancel Canada39;s seal slaughter (1)
- My Mind MY HEART (2)
- My ON-LINE-FESTIVAL is open again (1)
- never again (1)
- NEW TIMES ARRIVED: The Fish and The Doll---Orla Wren (1)
- NO to anymore PYLONS in the Scottish highlands (1)
- Nomadic Hermit (1)
- Off to the Woods and burns (1)
- One Happy Hermit (1)
- peace and light (1)
- Peaceful River (1)
- please take a moment to sign this blogger petition to end this cruelty (1)
- RECYCLING DAY AT THE BLACKBUS (1)
- Road to desolation (1)
- rose tinted glasses and some wee pictures . living FREE FREE FREE FREE (1)
- Sarah's comment on birth and re-birth (1)
- Save A Hermit Buy A Print (1)
- Shut Down all Seaworlds and free all captive animals (1)
- Sitemap off all my wanderings and sites (1)
- Some of my films (1)
- Some old geezers and the confessions of a Carpenter (The Bible) (1)
- some wee pics by the dafthermit (1)
- Suspended Life (1)
- Switch of the Mains (1)
- Take off your watch and dance with rainbows (1)
- The coming of spring to the highlands of Scotland (1)
- The Final Leap two Monarchs (1)
- The Hermitage: The Orchard Tales and the Orchard Toils of the First Few Days of Two Thousand and Nine ... (1)
- The Italian Job/stew (1)
- the joy of creativity in the Scottish highlands (1)
- the joy of creativityFrom the Scratchy heed studios (1)
- The Last Traveller a wee tale from the tin can in the highlands of Scotland by the Dafthermit (1)
- The Pigs With Their noses In The Trough (Money and The Destroyers Of Democracy ) (1)
- The piper of Glascarnoch Loch (1)
- The Rock (1)
- The Rock a wee tale told by the dafthermit from the wee tin can in the highlands of Scotland told on You Tube (1)
- the shame and disgrace of the BEEP BEEP (1)
- The simplicity of life of a couple of hermits in the mountains of Scotland (1)
- The Tree (the Highland guardian) a wee tale about signs (1)
- Time (1)
- To All My Hermit Friends (1)
- Turn left at the moon (1)
- Two more films accepted at the loch ness film festival (1)
- two poems and a wee film and some waffle (1)
- URGENT HELP NEEDED Hats for sale ( save a hermit) (1)
- Warriors of the rainbow a wee film from the tin can here in the Scottish mountains (1)
- Welcome All Hermits (1)
- White deer and life (1)
- Writers block / deluge or should that be creative block/deluge (1)