THIS WORKS any questions email me andy the dafthermit

The blackus

The blackus
My Main Blog Set Aboard Our Bus

Welcome to oor wee home

Friday, 27 March 2009

Sarah's comment on birth & re-birth

Sarah's Comment

............................................


Hi Andy beautiful picture.

I have always believed that if we have a truly open mind and heart we know less and less the older we get..... “ “



Wow ,yes,i think I know this as well..When I was in my twenties I had this overwhelming need to figure out why we are here ,this whole life thing .And I had no doubt that someday I would .As I have gotten older this need and knowing has vanished and in it's place ... a peaceful calm feeling that the more mysterious the whole of everything is ,the more I am able to loose myself in it. and be ok.””

.................................................................

The above is a comment that Sarah left on the Birth and Re-birth post I did and as it made me think I thought I would post it with my reply..


..................................................................


First Sarah thank you so much on the compliment of the wee picture ..


In response to your comment I would just like to say What I believe is that we are born to search and seek understanding, after all you only have to look at kids excitedly running around and asking what's that ,what's this, their eye's full of the love of life .


Like the Pink Floyd song another brick in the wall slowly over life this can be drummed out of people but I believe that as I said if you keep your mind and heart open we never stop learning till the day we die and who knows maybe on into the afterlife and the thought that at in my twenties I would stop asking questions or trying to learn something new ,scares me to the core This is just my belief but it would seem like a fate worse than death .And the thought occurs to me what about all the marvels in medicine etc that have been discovered by people that asked why or what if. That is what I mean about throughout this wonderful gift of life, that it will always make the questioners question and therefore we will on balance know less as we excitedly travel through life..


I am glad that you were able to find such peace .I am 47 and I would say that I have a balance on life as well of roughly 50/50 which I believe I am both fortunate and lucky to have achieved..


But to stop questioning things and searching for answers never till the day I die...


and I will do it as well, with a feeling of both peace and sorrow a

balance after all...........................

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I should have revisited you sooner. I certainly did not mean anyone should ever stop questioning or learning. I was speaking to a purely spiritual "crisis" I experienced in my twenties into my thirties that has led me to be at peace with the mysteriousness of life, especially since I don't subscribe to a religion. At any given time, I always have quite a few subjects I am teaching myself in pursuit of progressing as a person. Yes, absolutely, it is this seeking to know and continuing to question the world around us that propels us all. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding :( but I appreciate your taking the time to respond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah

    probably the daft old hermit, thanks for popping bye hope all is well

    andy

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to leave a wee comment

andy

Click on the truck to go to the front page

Labels

Living A simple green Life