THIS WORKS any questions email me andy the dafthermit

The blackus

The blackus
My Main Blog Set Aboard Our Bus

Welcome to oor wee home

Thursday, 8 January 2009

Time




                                                          William henry Davies


What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.
No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.
No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.
A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.



one of my favourite poems ...............

the dafthermit

4 comments:

  1. I really like the poem...and I find a great deal of truth in it.

    Thank you for sharing it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jim

    aye i love it says it all i guess

    all the best my friend and thanks for popping over to purelypictures

    andy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often stand and stare...try to make a point of it every day. To be aware. I really like this poem :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah

    it is such a simple wee poem but it say's everything

    thanks for popping in

    andy

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to leave a wee comment

andy

Click on the truck to go to the front page

Labels

Living A simple green Life